Parents, Coaches, Athletes, and community members,
We are excited to announce that as of August 1, 2017, our Upward Stars Delaware sports club is officially our own 501c3! The Upward Stars Delaware Staff is extremely excited about this move and what it means for our club.
To be clear, this won’t change a lot from the outside looking in. We will still be using the awesome facilities that you are used to. The Upward Stars Delaware administrative and coaching staff will remain the same (probably even grow).
We are in a unique position in that Upward Sports (corporately) has a goal of creating sports clubs, like Upward Stars Delaware, all across the United States. We are looking at markets around the US to help find leaders to run Upward Stars programming. In fact, they are currently in 29 locations for basketball and 3 locations for volleyball (http://www.upward.org/stars)
Some things that will remain the same….
- Our Core Volleyball and Basketball staff will remain the same and will possibly grow.
- We will continue to use our wonderful Church and School facilities.
- Niki Morton will remain the Executive Director of Upward Stars Delaware (and will head up volleyball) and Steve Morton will continue to be the Basketball Director.
Some things that will change….
- We will be seeking a more permanent facility to use as a hub of activities and house offices.
- We will need volunteers throughout the season to help serve
- We will need to do a couple fundraising events to help with scholarships for our athletes. (We have given out significant funds in the last 3 years for players to play and hope to increase this).
- We will have a board of directors that will help lead and support our vision
We are excited about the opportunity and look forward to what God has for the club. If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to ask.